LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - For some parents, and children, the thought of having "the talk," can be a bit unnerving. But it doesn't have to be. With October being National Family Sexuality Education Month, Little Rock Family Editor Heather Bennett joined THV11 to share some help for parents when it's time to "have the talk with your tweens."
1. Establish positive, trusting, age appropriate communication patterns with your child.
2. Answer questions in matter of fact, honest ways.
3. Help children deal with media messages and peer pressure.
4. Invite child's input and opinions.
5. Resist arguing.
6. Discuss boundaries and morals.
For more information watch the video attached to this story or visit the Little Rock Family website here
You can also read "The Talk" article on page 54 in the October issue of Little Rock Family Magazine.