LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- May is National Stroke Awareness Month. The purpose is to increase public awareness of stroke in an effort to conquer it.
We did just that this morning with the help of Dr. Joe Rose - an internal medicine physician with Baptist Health.
He joined Alyse on "THV 11 This Morning" and answered these questions for you:
- Can you tell that raising awareness of stroke is helping?
- What is a stroke?
- What are the warning signs of a stroke?
- Who is at most risk of a stroke?
- What is the most important thing to do if you think you are having a stroke?
- Is there any way to prevent a stroke?