LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- This morning, we're cookin' up Italian sausage with peppers and onions.
Anthony Michael with Cross Eyed Pig shares an easy and delicious recipe for sausage, onions, and peppers.
Beginner's Sausage, Onions & Peppers
2 lbs sausage (either braised in skillet or smoked
3 bell peppers, sliced (yellow, red, and orange)
4 cloves of garlic chopped
3 small onions sliced
1 15 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook sausage in manner that you choose
2. Sautee onions, peppers and garlic in large pan
3. Add in can of tomatoes including juice
4. Add back in sausage and simmer for at least 45 minutes.
5. Serve over rice, pasta or put in hoagie bun.