LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Deanna Fleming with Catering Creations has a recipe for Oreo pudding poke cake.
Oreo Pudding Cake
1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
Ingredients needed to make cake (usually eggs, oil and water)
2 (4 oz.)packages of Instant Oreo pudding
4 cups milk (2% or higher)
Crushed Oreo Cookies (optional)
1. Make cake mix according to directions and bake in a well-greased 9x13 pan (I use the nonstick spray that has flour in it).
2. Just before cake is done, start making pudding.
3. In a medium bowl, add milk to pudding mixture and continue to whisk until most of the lumps are removed. Let pudding mixture sit for about 2 minutes.
4. You want it to thicken slightly so it isn't overly runny but not fully thickened into pudding.
5. When cake is finished, while still warm, poke holes all over cake (about 1-inch) intervals using a wooden spoon handle or a straw.
6. Pour pudding mixture over warm cake, making sure to aim for the holes.
7. Spread it out with a spoon and gently push down on the pudding to help get it into the holes.
8. Then put the cake in the refrigerator to allow it to cool completely. About an hour.
9. Once it is set, top with crushed Oreo cookies. Keep cake refrigerated
10. Feel free to add whipped topping (Cool Whip) onto the top of the pudding later once the cake has cooled. Then top with crushed cookies.