LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - The rapper who was performing when a mass shooting took place at a Little Rock nightclub has been arrested on unrelated charges, but Little Rock Police Department detectives are waiting to interview him about that incident.

U.S. Marshals arrested Ricky Hampton, who performs as Finese 2tymes, early Sunday morning in Birmingham, Alabama. He was performing at the Side Effects Club in Birmingham when he was arrested and booked into the Jefferson County (Ala.) County Jail on charges of being a fugitive from justice. According to Lt. Steven McClanahan of the Little Rock Police Department, Hampton had an outstanding warrant for gun crimes from Forrest City, Ark., and that is why he was arrested.

Federal authorities in Alabama recovered two handguns and an assault rifle during the arrest. The Arkansas state crime lab will determine if the firearms were used in the Power Ultra Lounge shooting.

Jefferson County Sheriff

“We know he was there at the night, at the lounge. He was a performer. He left prior to our arrival. We do need to talk to him because we can put him at the scene,” Lt. McClanahan explained Sunday morning.

That scene was much quieter Sunday than it was on Saturday. Windows of the Power Ultra Lounge remained broken, while dance lights kept changing colors inside. People walked by to look at the damage and at the eviction notice posted on the front door. Lt. McClanahan said detectives are still sorting through all the evidence.

“We know there are multiple shooters in this incident,” he stated. “Again, we’re confident to say, while we have spoken to a lot of people at the lounge, we have not spoken to everyone. So, it’s still unclear how many shooters that we have.”

Hampton is one person detectives still want to speak to. Less than 24 hours after the shooting that took place during his performance at Power Ultra Lounge, he used his Facebook page to promote his next concert in Birmingham. But since the start of the investigation, police and witnesses have been suspicious of Hampton and the people with him. One woman, during a call to 9-1-1, told a dispatcher that “the rappers that came in, they had guns.”

While LRPD officials have not named Hampton, or anyone else, a suspect, they have also not identified a motive or a target for the shooting.

“In a chaos like that, you know, you have a concert in a lounge. It’s not that big, because of the location. When you start having people pull out guns and start shooting at a crowd like that, it’s mass panic,” Lt. McClanahan noted. “Who knows who they were shooting at, other than shots were being fired.”

Twenty-five people shot inside the club, while three more hurt themselves trying to escape it. According to the police report, one of the victims was from southern Mississippi, the rest from central Arkansas. Lt. McClanahan said all of them are expected to survive their injuries. One, Dajuana Mixon, has been upgraded from critical condition. Her family told THV11 that she no longer requires a ventilator, and she is able to speak again. Her mother said, “all the prayers worked.”

Hampton is still in jail in Alabama as of Sunday evening. The U.S. Marshals Service will bring him back to its office in Little Rock, since it does not have one in Forrest City. An employee of the district office could not say when he would return to Little Rock, but Little Rock Police Department detectives will likely be waiting for him.