LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - If you have a spot in your yard that needs a little bit of color but it's too shady for flowers. Or maybe it's a sunny spot but you don't want to plant any flowers. Here's a way to add some color and fun to any spot in your yard. Make some hubcap flowers! You can make as many or as few as you like for a colorful 'flower' garden.
- Old hubcaps
- Spray paint
- Wood screws
- Rake or shovel handles
- Drill and drill bits
- Marbles, beads, ect.
What to do
1. Wash and degrease hubcaps.
2. Lightly sand the hubcaps.
3. Spray paint hubcaps with bright colors. Several coats may be necessary.
4. If you want, add some embellishment: marbles, bottle caps, etc.
5. Paint the 'stems'.
6. Drill 1 or 2 holes in the center of the hubcap and predrill holes in the stem to match up to the ones in the hubcap.
7. With a washer placed on either side, screw the flower to the stem.
8. Set out in the garden and enjoy!