LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) – The American Red Cross of Arkansas announced that they have opened emergency shelters in five counties to provide assistance to storm victims.
River flooding in northeast and central portions of the state has forced some Arkansans from their homes.
The shelters are open in the following areas:
- Clay County: Corning Community Center, 536 E. Elm, Corning
- Izard County: Calico Rock Mennonite Fellowship, 104 Fellowship Lane, Calico Rock
- Lawrence County: Walnut Ridge School, 504 SE Southern Ave, Walnut Ridge
- Randolph County: Randolph County Nursing Home in Pocahontas and Pocahontas Community Center, 205 Geneva, Pocahontas
- Saline County: The Northside Church of Christ, 917 NE St., Benton
For more information on assistance, click here.