LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- We're at that final stretch before we hit the weekend, so we brought in Deanna Fleming to sweeten up our day!
On Thursday, she introduced us to a delicious and easy chocolate chip cheesecake bar recipe. It's the perfect decadent treat to sweeten up your week.
-1 log refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (such as Pillsbury)
-20 Oreo cookies, plus more for topping
-2 8-oz. bars cream cheese, softened
-1/2 c. sugar
-2 large eggs
-1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
-pinch of kosher salt
-Warm caramel for drizzling
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Line an 8"-x-8" baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil leaving a 2" overhang. Press cookie dough into bottom of baking dish.
2. Top with a layer of Oreos (break them up to form a single layer) and set aside.
3. Make cheesecake layer: In a medium bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and salt. Pour over Oreo layer and smooth top.
4. Top with more crushed Oreos and bake until the center is only slightly jiggly, 30 to 35 minutes.
5. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 3 hours and up to overnight.
6. Remove cheesecake bars from baking dish and slice.
7. Drizzle with warm caramel and serve.
Watch the video for more!