These are trying times for both Texas and Florida residents. In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, our community rose to the occasion and donated both money and supplies to help those in need.
To continue showing support for our neighbors, here's a list of ways you can help:
American Red Cross
The American Red Cross is seeking donations to support disaster relief efforts in Florida. Click here to donate today. The organization also has a roster of other needs including for volunteers and blood donations. Click here to learn more.
The Salvation Army exists to meet human need wherever, whenever and however they can. Click here to donate and learn more about ways you can support their efforts.
Volunteer Florida is the state’s lead agency for volunteers and donations before, during and after disasters. Volunteer Florida mobilizes and deploys resources to assist those responding to and recovering from disasters. In response to Hurricane Irma, Volunteer Florida is mobilizing volunteers to staff our state’s shelters and other disaster relief organizations. Click here to learn more.
United Way HandsOn Suncoast
As the rebuilding effort begins, Florida will need volunteers. Visit United Way HandsOn Suncoastto learn how you may be able to help in some of the hardest hit areas.
Rebuilding Together Tampa Bay
Rebuilding Together Tampa Bay, Inc. (RTTB) repairs homes of those in need. In the wake of Hurricane Irma, they will be seeking financial and volunteer support.
National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD)
National VOAD, an association of organizations that mitigate and alleviate the impact of disasters, provides a forum promoting cooperation, communication, coordination and collaboration; and fosters more effective delivery of services to communities affected by disaster. Here's how you can help.
Supplies for Texas:
- Trusted World is looking for the following supplies: New underwear and socks (all sizes), non-perishable food, toiletries, feminine hygiene products, baby diapers, wipes and formula
- SPCA of Texas is looking for the following supplies: cat litter, litter boxes, towels, blankets, large wire crates, toys, treats, pet beds, newspaper and gas gift cards. In-kind donations can be brought to the SPCA of Texas' Jan Rees-Jones Animal Care Center in Dallas or the SPCA of Texas' Russell H. Perry Animal Care Center in McKinney
- Hurricane Harvey Helpers' Facebook page has a list of needed supplies
- Goodwill is accepting donations at its Fort-Worth locations, when you drop them off, say they are for Harvey victims
- AirBNB is providing an outlet for Harvey evacuees to find accommodation at no cost. If you or someone you know has a home or room they can offer up, please see their website for details. All service fees are waived for those affected by the disaster and checking in between August 23, 2017 and September 01, 2017
- Pet Resort Dallas is willing to board Harvey evacuees and their pets until they reach max capacity at their location near Dallas- Love Field Airport. All they require is for your pet to be up-to-date with his or her shots. If they aren't, they have set up for those guests to be examined and re-vaccinated by the mobile vet (Park Cities House Call Vet) they use
© 2018 KTHV-TV