LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- It's day four of Super Snack Week on THV11 This Morning!
We asked for your recipes for the big game, maybe some family traditions or regional delicacies.
THV11’s Mariel Ruiz made some tamale dip with a recipe sent in by viewer Missy Pride Gates. And Officer Justin Dorsey with the Benton Police Department made marmalade meatballs and a cream cheese for day four of Super Snack Week. The meatball recipe was sent to Officer Dorsey by Mollie Browning, a student at Howard Perrin Elementary.
-One block of Velveeta cheese
-One can of chili
-One can of tamales unwrapped
Mash tamales in sauce pan, add chili and Velveeta, melt all together and serve with chips
-1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
-1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
-2 Tbsp caramel sauce
-1 cup powdered sugar
-2 Tbsp light brown sugar, packed
-3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
--1/4 cup chopped pecans
-1/4 cup caramel bits
1. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with butter until fully blended. Add caramel sauce and sugar and beat until combined. Add 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
2. Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on counter. Drop cheeseball onto plastic wrap and cover cheeseball completely. Once covered, shape into a ball. Refrigerate for one hour.
3. In a bowl, combine remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips, pecans and caramel bits. Unwrap cheeseball and roll into bowl of chocolate chip mixture. Press toppings gently into the cheeseball.
4. Rewrap in plastic wrap (a new piece) and refrigerate until ready to serve! Use graham cracker sticks or vanilla wafers to dip.
-2 pounds fully cooked frozen meatballs
-1 16-ounce bottle of Catalina dressing
-1 cup orange marmalade
-3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
-3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Place frozen meatballs in a 5-quart slow cooker
2. In a small bowl, mix dressing, marmalade, Worcestershire and red pepper flakes
3. Pour over meatballs, stirring to coat
4. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours
5. Put in a serving bowl once you are ready to serve
© 2018 KTHV-TV