LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Sunday evening a woman was attacked while walking to her car in the parking lot of Rave Theater in Little Rock, according to police.
The police report says the victim was attacked by two men who attempted to stun her with handheld tazers. According to the report, one of them dropped a black ski mask.
With some leads but no suspects, the assault is still under investigation. Lt. Terry Hastings with the Little Rock Police Department says, "According to the victim, the suspects had a tazer. She was not tazed with it, but they used it to snap."
The victim tells Today's THV she kicked and screamed and immediately crawled under her car, trying to get away.
Her friend called for help and Pulaski County Sheriff's deputies who regularly patrol the area responded.
Neither the victim or her frien were injured. There are no suspects at this time but Little Rock Police are investigating.
"We're not sure what these individuals wanted, if it was an attempted robbery or what they were in the process of trying to do, but with the Sheriff's office being there, they were luckily not able to follow through on what their intentions were." says Hastings.
The victim carried a small purse, yet the suspects never said a word and never asked her for anything. They clicked the tazer, a scuffle ensued, then the suspects took off in their car.
The victim isn't hurt, but she is scared.
Hastings reminds people, especially women, to be extra cautious this time of year. Don't keep valuables in your vehicle and be aware of your surroundings.
The victim wonders if she was just a random target for the men.
Hastings says, "Walk out with a group, try to park as close to the place as you can in a well lighted area."
Other helpful tips to stay safe this holiday season:
- Shop before dark, if possible.
- Coordinate shopping trips with friends and never go out alone.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash. Carry only the cash and credit cards you will need for that day.
- Carry the smallest purse/bag possible. Don't put your wallet in your back pocket but instead put it inside your jacket pocket.
- Always lock valuables in your trunk.
- Teach children to ask for help from security guards/policemen and never let them go into a parking lot alone.
- If you are approached by an attacker, scream and make as much noise as you can to attract attention and deter the attacker.
- If you leave your house, be sure your doors and windows are locked.
- Don't disply holiday gifts where they can be seen from a window or doorway. Store them out of sight.
- Be wary of solicitors and strangers asking for donations.