LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- According to the National Retail Federation, spending on presents for Mom this Mother's Day is expected to reach almost $152 billion. But don't worry if you don't have a big budget, here are 6 still ways to let your mom know you love her that we found in a great article on Yahoo!
1. Give her "me" time. Being a mom can be busy and hectic. Give mom a weekend day or even a full weekend all to herself to get pampered, catch a movie or read a book.
2. Check your local library for free arts and crafts. Homemade gifts mean the most. Plus, this is a great way to get the whole family involved. Check out events locally for free arts and crafts activities the week before Mom's special day.
3. I.O.U coupons. Check out redplum.com/mom for printable coupons for homemade chores and experiences, such as "one interior car cleaning" or "your choice movie night." You can always create your own coupons as well at home!
4. Spa day at home. Put together some of your mom's favorite scented candles, bubble bath or bath beads, face mask cream, and her favorite nail polish color for an at-home spa day. Try warming up hot towels in the dryer to complete her relaxing retreat.
5. Frame a family portrait. Take one of your favorite family photos and take it to any photo processing center at your local store like Walgreens or Walmart and get it enlarged. Then you'll have a photo ready for a nice frame!
6. Think outside the box - and the house. Springtime is the perfect season to head outside and plant. Paint and personalize a small inexpensive flowerpot and plant mom's favorite flower or favorite color in it. You could even plant a tree together on her special day and watch it grow over the years. Chris Olsen had some great ideas he shared with us Wednesday that you can check out.
You can check out this great article on Yahoo for even more good ideas to make mom feel special without breaking the bank.