LITTLE ROCK, ARK. (June 9, 2012) - ARKids First, the state's Children's Health Insurance Program, and Radio Disney are hosting eight events across Arkansas to educate children and their families about summer safety.
ARKids First is partnering with the Arkansas Summer Food Service Program for seven of the eight events. At those seven sites, children will be able to enjoy both Radio Disney-led activities and free, nutritious meals and snacks.
The locations and dates are as follows:
- Malvern Boys and Girls Club, 1840 West Moline, Malvern, June 12, 1 - 2 p.m.
- Bald Knob Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, 3rd & Pine, Bald Knob, June 14, 10:30 - 11:30 a.m.
- Hot Springs Boys and Girls Club, 109 West Belding, Hot Springs, June 20, 2 - 3 p.m.
- Tabernacle outreach Ministry, 1109 North School St, Dermott, June 21, 2 - 3 p.m.
- Sidney Deener Elementary, 163 Cloverdale Boulevard, Searcy, June 29, 12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
- Wonder City Boys and Girls Club, 412 South 25th Street, West Memphis, August 4,
11 a.m. - Noon
All eight events focus on educating children and their parents about summer safety through fun and interactive activities with Radio Disney.
ARKids First also will distribute educational materials aimed at keeping children safe during the summer and encouraging parents of already enrolled children to utilize ARKids benefits for well-child doctor visits. All events and materials are available at no cost to children and families.
ARKids First serves more than 300,000 children in Arkansas who might have been uninsured without this program. The program encourages parents to develop a relationship with a primary care physician and set up well-child check-ups for their children in order to stay current on immunizations and other important health screenings. Among other benefits, ARKids First also covers vision and dental care without the need for a referral from a doctor.
For more information about ARKids First, visit www.ARKidsFirst.com. For more information about the events, visit www.radiodisney.com/littlerock. For more information about Arkansas Summer Food Service Program, visit www.dhs.arkansas.gov.
(Source: ARKids First)