THV This Morning loves helping you save money. We found 5 items you should buy in July if you want big savings from Yahoo! shopping.
1. Swimsuits and Summer Fashions. New inventory starts arriving in January, so department stores start marking down their inventory in July, and the same goes for summer apparel. Stores are looking ahead to the fall, so they're making deep cuts on clothing that you can wear right now while it's still hot outside and the fashions are still hot as well.
2. Furniture. Furniture stores lower prices in July to make room for new models, which typically arrive in stores in August. The newer models often have the same frames as the older ones, just with different upholstery and different colors.
3. Jewelry. July is one of the six "non-gift-giving months."The gift-giving months are February, May, June, October, November and December, when prices go up in advance of Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Christmas and weddings. So, right now you're more likely to see real sales, as opposed to the jewelry that gets marked up and then put on sale.
4. Hotels and travel. The hotels know they need to lower their prices to fill their rooms. And there are plenty of reasons for you to take advantage of this because July is also one of the cheapest months to travel to certain destinations. July is one of the cheapest months to go to Vegas, where it is blistering hot.
5. Computers. The middle of the summer is typically a slow time for computer sales, but things heat up in August when the school year looms and students are looking for new computers. This is an especially good time to buy older models, because new models are usually released in the fall.