When it comes to keeping your set of wheels clean you don't have to spend a lot of money to make it shine.
We found 6 tricks to wash your car with products you already have around the house from Reader's Digest.
1. Hair conditioner for shine. Wash your car with a hair conditioner containing lanolin. You'll become a believer when you see the freshly waxed look, and when you find that the surface will repel rain.
2. Fizz winshields clean with cola. When it rains after a long dry spell, a dirty windshield turns into one big mess. Get rid of streaks and blotches by pouring cola over the glass. The bubbles in the cola will fizz away the grime. Just be sure to wash the sticky cola off thoroughly or your cleaning efforts will end up attracting dust and dirt.
3. Vodka. When your windshield-washer reservoir needs filling, raid the liquor cabinet to make your own washing fluid.In a screw-top gallon jug, mix 3 cups vodka with 4 cups water and 2 teaspoons liquid dishwashing detergent. Screw on the cap and shake well, then pour as much fluid as needed into the reservoir.
4. Shine those car lights. Keep your headlights polished by applying glass cleaner and rubbing vigorously with an old pair of panty hose.
5. Watch the heat. Washing your car when it's too hot-right after you've been driving it, for example, or when it's been parked in direct sunlight-can result in soapy splotches and deposits.
6. Avoid air drying. Air drying your car-or driving it around while it's wet-after washing can leave unsightly watermarks on its exterior. Use a soft terry cloth, plus a squeegee to soak up excess water.