LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Outdoor surfaces heat up quickly, especially when they bake in direct sunlight.
Recently, a Little Rock toddler suffered second degree burns when she stepped onto a hot deck with no shoes.
Two-year-old Ella Collister was with her babysitter when the accident occurred.
The toddler's mom says Ella's feet became completely blistered after being exposed to the hot surface for less than a minute.
The toddler underwent a minor surgery to remove the damaged skin and is now getting around just fine.
Collister hopes they're unfortunate incident will prevent other young children from being burned.