LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- The Salvation Army's food pantries are almost empty, and they say theyare running out of food to give to needy families.
The organization is asking people to help by donating nonperishable food items.
Kathy Barbiere with the Salvation Army says last month they served 200 families through food pantries. She says they are seeing an increase during the summer months due to the number of children who are out of school.
Barbiere says many of the families they serve find it difficult to provide healthy, balanced meals on a limited budget.
To schedule a donation pickup please call 501-374-9296 or you can drop off a donation at:
- LITTLE ROCK -- 1111 West Markham
- NORTH LITTLE ROCK -- 1505 West 18th Street
- BENTON -- 129 N. Main Street
Most-requested items include:
- Canned meat
- Produce (Canned fruit & veggies)
- Milk (Boxed, non-refrigerated)
- Ready-to-eat meals (macaroni & cheese, canned soups, raviolis, etc.)
- Diabetic specific meals
- Dried rice and beans
- Personal Hygiene Products