THV is working for you with the goal of helping you save hundreds of dollars over the course of a year with common household products that do the same job as your pricey favorites for much less.
We picked 6 products from Yahoo! Shine to highlight how they can save you money.
1. Swap: Shaving cream for hair conditioner, Save: About $4
Shaving cream creates a layer between the razor and your skin while protecting from nicks and cuts. But conditioners work just as well, and they moisturize while you shave.
2. Swap: Dry shampoo for baby powder, Save: About $8
If you don't have enough time to wash your locks, rub baby powder into your roots. Massage it in well, then brush it out. This trick also gives flat, greasy hair more oomph
3. Swap: Body scrub for epsom salts, Save: About $10
Epsom salts also can give you smooth, radiant skin. Simply mix a handful into your body wash (or a spoonful into your face wash). It sloughs off dead skin and revives your complexion instantly.
4. Swap: Styling cream for hand lotion, Save: About $7
Work a dime-size squirt through your hair to cut down on frizz and moisturize dry ends.
5. Swap: Steel wool pads for aluminum foil, Save: About $1.50
Roll a gently used piece of foil into a ball to remove baked-on bits of food from your glass pan. Squirt some dishwashing liquid into the pan and scrub with the foil.
6. Swap: Silver polish for plain toothpaste, Save: About $7
Using regular (non-gel) white toothpaste can remove tarnish from silver. Squeeze a little paste onto a cloth and rub gently on moistened silver. Rinse the item and polish with a soft rag.
You can find several more great product swaps in this article on Yahoo!