If you are looking for a good deal, you may want to go online instead of heading to a big sale.
Here are 6 things you should buy online from Yahoo! Shine.
1. Sports and Concert Tickets. If you look online for seats first you can cross-check prices. Try stubhub.com or the team's or performer's direct website.
2. Flights and Hotel Rooms. Many companies offer online-only specials. Hotels also offer unsold rooms online at 40 to 50-percent off as your vacation date approaches. Try sites like groupon.com and Trip-Advisor.com.
3. Televisions. While you can't completely skip the store on this one -- only an in-person visit can tip you off to different models' picture quality -- but leave your wallet at home. TV's on websites cost 10 to 20-percent less than those in stores. And, buying a set from an online-only retailer means you can avoid paying sales tax.
4. DVD's. You can often save 50-percent or more by buying from a site. DVD's are even cheaper online than what you find in the bargain bin at a big-box retailer. E-Bay and Amazon and Deep-discount dot com are good sites to check out for DVD's.
5. Computer Software. The same product you'd get in stores is usually cheaper online-and sometimes, it's free. Visit C-net dot com to download software for significantly less.
6. Books. Searching online is a cheaper and more efficient way to buy books. On sites like Amazon or eBay, used books go for as little as a penny.