If you are trying to get healthy, you need to take a look at your routine and see if things you do everyday are stopping you from dropping a few.
We found 6 ways to get healthy from Everyday Health.
1. Feeding in front of the TV. The problem with eating in front of the TV is that you're not giving your meal or snack your full attention. If you are going to watch TV and eat, prepare your meal fully and portion it out. Simply stop once you've eaten what's on your plate.
2. Dining-out diet disasters. Never arrive at the table famished. It's really hard to maintain good eating habits and have portion control when you're starving. To avoid overeating, have a few carrots or almonds before you leave.
3. Vacation eating. A good way to avoid overeating while on vacation is to decide each morning which of your three meals will be your special one. Keep it to one indulgent meal a day, not three.
4. Emotional Snacking. Some people find themselves overeating when they're upset or under stress. If you're having an emotional time, the solution is to be conscious of how your eating habits are affected. Keep a food journal to help you see the portion sizes you're eating. Another trick is to do something fun that doesn't involve food to distract you from your worries.
5. Eating on the job. When you're really busy at work, you tend to eat quickly and not pay attention to portions or calories. Again, the key to portion control is to plan ahead. Pack lunches and snacks the night before that will fill you up during the day.
6. Sleep-induced hunger. When you're worn out, it's easy to eat mindlessly, and before you know it, you're eating a-thousand extra calories. One solution is to take a nap rather than reach for another cookie. If it's late at night and you're about to overeat, go to bed instead of wandering into the kitchen.