LRPD officer Josh Hastings charged with manslaughter in death of 15-year-old Bobby Moore

    8:32 PM, Sep 7, 2012   |    comments
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +

    LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- A Little Rock Police Department officer is charged with manslaughter in the death of a teenage boy.

    Authorities say Officer Josh Hastings, admitted to shooting and killing 15-year-old Bobby Moore at a Little Rock apartment complex, Shadow Lake Apartments, on Aug. 12 when responding to a vehicle break-in call.

    In a statement from LRPD Chief Stuart Thomas, he says, "I have reviewed this matter and have concluded that the incident did not occur in the manner represented by the officer and that the use of deadly force did not conform to Departmental Orders."

    Thomas says the prosecuting attorney also decided the use of deadly force was not justified, and charged Hastings with manslaughter.

    In addition, Thomas states that the evidence developed in the investigation shows the vehicle approaching Ofc. Hastings had stopped several feet from him and that the driver was in the process of reversing direction when shots were fired.

    Thomas says there is no evidence to support the officer's claim that the vehicle continued past him.

    Ofc. Hastings is being held on a $15,000 bond.

    You'll recall, Today's THV told you about Ofc. Hastings and his history with the force Tuesday. He's currently on paid leave because of the on-the-job shooting of Moore. He fired at a vehicle with break-in suspects inside.

    According to LRPD, none of the prior suspensions warranted a termination. Those included the first in July 2008 when he received one-day suspension for failure to log proper documents and failure to notify the right personnel after an investigation.

    In December of 2009, he received one-day suspension for wrecking a patrol car which caused more than $8,000 in damages.

    In July of 2010, Hastings received a ten-day suspension for responding to a call out of district.

    Then, from May 2011 to November 2011, he was suspended for eight days for failing to attend court after being subpoenaed. It resulted in six DWI cases being dismissed or continued.

    For more on these incidents: http://on.kthv.com/Q4z8uJ

    Most Watched Videos