We could all use a little extra cash in our pocket.
And you can do it without a lot of effort if you follow these 5 tips from Women's Day.
1. Cash in your gift cards. Resale companies are happy to take them off your hands. You'll get up to 92% of the card's value, and you don't have to pay a fee. Check out CardPool.com and PlasticJungle.com
2. Look through your jewelry box. With gold prices at more than $1300 per ounce and silver at $28 now is a good time to turn rarely worn or broken pieces into cash. Many reputable jewelry stores buy gold, and going to a store near you is safer than using online gold buyers.
3. Babysit. Put the word out on Facebook or your church website that you're free to watch kids. For a wider reach, sign up with Sitter-City.com. The site connects parents with babysitters in their area.
4. Cook for cash. If people rave about your culinary talent, use it to make money. Let friends and family know via social media that you're willing to make dinner for a tired mom. All she has to do is pick it up. Build the cost of groceries and storage containers into your fee.
5. Clear clutter-and sell it with the tap of an app. Geo-list, a free iPhone and Android app, lets you instantly upload a photo, description and price of whatever you're selling. The app uses location-based technology, so anyone in your area who accesses it will see your item. Think of it as a virtual local classified ad.