We love finding you ways to make your life easier, that's why we share a list of tips or tricks with you every morning on Today's THV This Morning.
We found 5 secret shortcuts for everyday tasks from Real Simple Magazine.
1. Use the freezer to dry your tears. Whether they are from chopping onions or a rough day. Cold air stops the tears and reduces redness and puffiness by constricting blood vessels, according to ophtomologists. If you're not in the kitchen, try dabbing, not rubbin, away the wetness.
2. Get your daily vitamins while eating just one meal. No it's not just an advertisting gimmick- you really can get all your vitamins from one bowl of cereal. Try total - it has 100 percent of 12 vitamins and minerals. Drink the milk, too?it will add even more vitamins, including those it washes off the cereal.
3. Cool your mouth after spicy food. The first thing to know is don't reach for a glass of water - that just spreads the heat around. Instead, "eat a lot of bread or rice," -- Or try dairy products, like milk, sour cream, ice cream, yogurt, butter, or cheese - the softer the better.
4. Get cut flowers to bloom. First try cutting the stems at an angle, then placing the bouquet in warm water. If that doesn't work, use a blow-dryer with a diffuser to simulate the sunshine's warmth.
5. Thaw meat at the last minute. Whatever you do, don't zap it in the microwave -- It cooks the meat from the inside out, which removes moisture, retains the freezer aftertaste, and leaves your meat gritty. Instead, soak it in cold water for about two hours. Don't use warm water- it won't get the inside thawed.