From the dangers of Flamin' Hot Cheetos to a boy suffering from the quacks, THV's Tom Brannon catches you up on some Weird But True headlines.
Family and teachers thought Hector Flores Jr. of New York was playing a trick on them when they heard him making a squeaking sound.
Turns out, the boy had swallowed a whistle from his plastic toy duck nearly a month ago.
His family took him to the emergency room and doctors were able to remove the whistle piece from Hector's lung.
And in more weird news, could Flamin' Hot Cheetos be hazardous to your health? Some school districts are banning the snack, claiming it provides no nutritional value -- and may even be addictive.
A health teacher from Lyndon B. Johnson Middle School in Albuquerque, N.M. sent a note home with students saying that Flamin' Hot Cheetos should be snacked on at home, according to CBS station WTVR in Richmond, Va. T
The teacher wrote that the snack had poor nutritional value, often took the place of a lunch, lead to sharing more germs with other students and caused red fingerprints that created a mess for janitors.
She's not the only educator who has a beef with the spicy snack food. Other school districts in California and New Mexico are attempting to ban Flamin' Hot Cheetos for their lack of nutritional value, and one school district in Illinois no longer sells the snack in their schools.
One ounce of Flamin' Hot Cheetos -- about 21 pieces -- is about 160 calories, including 17 percent of the daily suggested serving for fat and 8 percent of serving for saturated fat. It also contain 250 mg -- or 10 percent of the daily value -- of sodium.