LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) - The Arkansas Supreme Court says it won't reconsider its decision in a case involving the mother of a slain Little Rock TV anchor.
The court on Thursday denied a hospital's request for rehearing in Patricia Cannady's case.
The court previously ruled that Cannady could proceed with a lawsuit claiming outrageous behavior by a hospital and three workers who illegally looked at her daughter's medical files, but the court said an invasion of privacy claim must be dropped.
Cannady's lawyer, Gerry Schulze, says they plan to go forward with the suit against St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center, where Cannady's daughter, Anne Pressly, spent the last days of her life.
Cannady found Pressly unconscious from a severe beating in 2008. She died a few days later.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)