TOLEDO, Ohio (CNN) -- Five people were found dead in an Ohio home Monday, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Authorities believe it was a murder-suicide stemming from a custody dispute.
Three children, their uncle and grandmother were found dead inside a garage in Toledo.
The grandfather called police after he was reportedly unable to get into the garage and found suspicious notes from his wife, son and grandkids.
Police found the five dead, along with two dogs and a cat inside a car.
They say a hose had been run from the exhaust pipe of an idling pickup truck into the window of the car.
Authorities say the children had been living with their grandparents, but the kids' biological parents were trying to regain full custody.