LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Wednesday, at the Peabody Hotel, the Arkansas Chapter of the Association of Professional Fundraising Professionals (AFP) handed out several awards to individuals and organizations who have led the way in Arkansas fundraising.
Their efforts have led to millions of dollars for everything from youth services to healthcare to the arts.
Here are the winners:
- Outstanding Philanthropists: Eileen and Dr. Ricardo Sotomora
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Kirk Bradshaw
- Outstanding Volunteer Organization: Little Rock Central High Civitan Club
- Outstanding Philanthropic Foundation: Blue Cross Blue Shield's "Blue and You"
- Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation: Baptist Health
- Outstanding Youth Fundraiser: Eleanor Grace Lambert (Mt. St. Mary's)
- Outstanding Fundraising Professional: Dawn Prasifka
Arkansas is seventh in the country in per capita giving, and Wednesday's banquet was proof of that stat.