CONWAY, Ark. (AP) - Fire officials in Conway say an 89-year-old woman who was badly burned in a house fire has died.
Conway Fire Chief Bart Castleberry said Dorthea Thompson was flown by helicopter to the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock at about noon on Tuesday but she died from severe burns.
Castleberry says a candle that was burning in a bedroom started the fire.
The Log Cabin Democrat reports (http://is.gd/FyeD00 ) that Thompson's adult great grandson, Zachary Mullican, was upstairs when he heard the smoke alarm. He went downstairs and discovered smoke and fire.
Castleberry says the grandson found Thompson already burned and in a bathtub. The chief says the grandson got Thompson out of the house and that she was lucid before being flown to Little Rock.
Information from: Log Cabin Democrat, http://www.thecabin.net
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)