LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- In the world of make up there are ways to dress up or look casual, but are you doing something every day that could make you look older with you make up?
Here are seven beauty mistakes that age you from Total Beauty.
1. Mascara on your lower lashes - Mascara on your lower lashes draw attention to dark circles, crow's feet, and hyper-pigmentation women over 40 often have. Instead, make the best use of your upper lashes. Try using an eyelash curler, a lash primer, and layering black mascara starting at the root.
2. High school hair - Still have the same hair as you did in high school? You're not alone. Beauty editor Charla Krupp says, "That long, straight flat hair parted down the middle from your teens and twenties will only accentuate your current age." Try instead bangs. They accentuate the positive and hide the negative like forehead wrinkles.
3. Too-dark lipstick - As women age, our lips lose some of its youthful plumpness and lip lines fade. As a result, lipstick may not stick where it should. Nothing ages a woman faster than having dark red lipstick bleeding into the lines around your mouth. Try instead rosy-colored glosses and liquid neutral-hued plumpers.
4. Yellow, dingy teeth - If the lipstick doesn't attract attention to your age, yellow teeth will. Now there are so many options at so many price ranges for whitening, brightening, and straightening, you can have a younger, healthier looking mouth in no time.
5. Too much foundation or powder (or both) - Foundation and powder like to stay in the fine lines of our face and make them look bigger. Try using a makeup primer. Most primers have silicone that will fill in the lines on your face and help smooth out your skin. Still love your foundation but don't want the wrinkles? Try putting it on with a brush, then press a damp makeup sponge all over your face to remove any of the product that settled into the lines.
6. Overly tweezed brows - As we age, our brows get thinner. You may not need to tweeze as much as your brows fade, but you don't want to fill them in the wrong way or too dark. Try investing in a brow kit. A great kit will walk you through the steps of learning how to draw on brows that will frame your face.
7. Blush worn on the apples of your cheeks - Our skin isn't as taut and young as we once were, and it will begin to fade. As they do, it's not a great idea to accentuate them in the wrong fashion. Try putting blush on the highest point of your cheekbones in a sweeping-back motion using a wide, fluffy brush. Use a flattering shade like a peachy-pink which flatters most skin tones.
(Source: Total Beauty)