DALLAS (AP) - A communications mishap among 911 responders meant no one came to the aid of a 20-year-old Dallas man who later died of a drug overdose last month.
Matthew Sanchez had been popping Xanax pills for hours Nov. 16, and when collapsed, a friend dialed 911, then disappeared.
The Dallas Morning News reports that at the time of the call, Dallas Fire-Rescue paramedics were already working an emergency at the same apartment complex that had been phoned in only minutes earlier.
Emergency responders thought the calls were the same, so they did not respond to Sanchez's apartment. He was found dead six hours later.
Now, his family is pointing to another mishandled Dallas 911 call in August that ended with a woman murdered.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)