Photo: Tommy Norman, NLRPD
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Just before 8 a.m. the LR Fire department was called out to The Peabody Hotel in the River Market district after reports of black smoke in the lobby area of the hotel.
Upon arrival they found smoke and flames in the kitchen that had spread to the ventilation and exhaust system.
The fire, which started in a broiler, caused an estimated $1 million in damage to the kitchen appliances, duct work, wiring, and plumbing.
The kitchen is located in the first floor lobby area of the hotel.
According to Capt. Jason Weaver with the Little Rock Fire department no guest were evacuated but the all of the kitchens in the hotel will be out of service until the Health Department clears them to re-open.