LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - With the New Year, comes many New Year's Resolutions. A popular one each year is to get finances order, which usually includes spending less money and saving more of it.
Bob Williams with Delta Trust joined Liz Massey on THV at 5:00 on Friday. They discussed financial advice for people in various stages of life.
For younger couple with young children:
• Look at individual circumstances
• Pay off college loans if interest is high
• Start college savings fund for children
For middle-aged families:
• Create a long-term financial plan, utilize financial planners
• Decide what kind of life you want to have in retirement
• Make financial goals for those plans
For retired folks:
• Revise financial plan to adjust to changing times
• Make adjustments to investment portfolios
• Preserve assets