LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Many of you have made New Year's resolutions lose a few pounds, and you may be searching for the right fitness club or gym.
Here's a consumer alert this morning that you could face high-pressure sales tactics and misrepresentations about services that may derail your fitness goals.
Deputy Attorney General Jim DePriest wants to help you find the right gym.
1. Ask the club whether it offers any free trial period
2. Visit the spa or gym during the hours you intend to visit it as a member.
3. Ask about the number of members.
4. Make sure the club's hours of operation fit your schedule.
5. Ask about staff qualifications and longevity with the club.
For more visit GotYourBackArkansas.org.