LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- THV 11 is working for you. Here's a list of things your dry cleaner wants you to know from Shine from Yahoo!.
1. Wednesday deals - Many dry cleaners offer deals on Wednesdays, which are usually slow days for dry cleaners. Also check out a customer loyalty card for discounts or free cleanings for first time customers.
2. Don't wait - It may be easier to let time go by before taking your clothes to the cleaners, but some stains may yellow your fabrics.
3. Don't pretreat - Home remedies can hurt or fade your clothes so much that dry cleaners can't fix it for you. Just let the cleaners know what kind of stain it is, if you know, and they'll do their best to get it out.
4. But some home remedies help light jobs - A home remedy may help extend the time between cleanings, even though some dry cleaners don't want to admit it.
5. Men's shirts are a bargain - Some places only charge $2 for men's shirts, hoping you'll bring in the suit that they'll charge more for.
6. They want your old hangers - Cleaners will reuse or recycle your old wire hangers."
7. Let them know about loose buttons - Otherwise it will get lost in the machines. It's easier to reinforce them for 50 cents to $1.
(Source: Shine from Yahoo!)