Storm damage in Crawford County. (Photo: Sandra Murphy)
Here are notes from THV 11's Chief Meteorologist, Ed Buckner, regarding Tuesday's storms. This will be updated throughout the night.
- 4:00 p.m.: Only 1 possible tornado with damage to mainly trees in Natural Dam in Northern Crawford County.
- KFSM reported that at least one house in Elkins sustained severe damage to its roof from high winds.
- 7:40 p.m.: No reports of tornadoes touching down anywhere in the state.
- 8:15 p.m.: Outages reported by Entergy along Highway 46 between Sheridan and Redfield.
- 9:05 p.m.: Jackson County Sheriff confirmed trees down and power throughout the county and flooding in Watson Chapel. Their sirens are currently not working and will not turn on.
- 9:25 p.m: Monticello City dispatch reporting multiple fires, trees down, and power outages within the city. One person reportedly struck by lightning, but dispatch said they are "okay."
- 9:45 p.m.: More than 10,000 customers are without power in Arkansas. Entergy reports 10,500 while First Electric has about 800 without power.
- 10 p.m.: No confirmed tornadoes in the state, however Paragould and Monticello saw strong rotation in storms.
- 10:30 p.m.: National Weather Service confirms one tornado in Crawford Co. near the Natural Dam.
- 11:00 p.m.: Tornado threat is over for Central Arkansas. There is a Tornado Watch in effect until 1 a.m. for a slight portion of southeast Ark.
For the latest forecast, click here: http://www.todaysthv.com/weather/default.aspx