LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- THV 11 is working for you this morning sharing an etiquette checklist.
Here are a few things you should never say to a mom from Babble.com.
1. "You look tired." - This just might be the worst phrase ever. No good can come of saying it. Feeling not so great is bad, but getting confirmation of it is worse. Let's all permanently delete the words from our mental hard drives.
2. "Do you work?" - Whether or not a mom has a job with a paycheck is beside the point. Every mom works the morning shift, the afternoon shift, the night shift and the wee-hours shift. They are cooks, house-cleaners, stylists and toy fixers.
3. "That outfit is so flattering on you." - "Flattering" somehow always seems to be code for "It disguises your less-than-great shape." Just say the top, dress or pants look good.
4. "When's the baby due?"- If there's no baby in there, it could be a very embarrassing moment for both of you! Let them be the ones to break the pregnancy news.
5. "If that were my child, I'd...fill in the blank!"- Unsolicited comments are usually the last thing parents want to hear. Let them focus on disciplining their children in the best way that they see fit.