LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - The Little Rock School District spoke out on the recent arrests of two employees for sexual assault on minors within the last month.
A spokesperson with the district said school officials are looking into a plan to help prevent this in the future.
"Everything is on the table in terms of what we might do to improve our protocols," said Spokesperson Pam Smith with the Little Rock School District.
Miguel Cazares, 43, was arrested Monday at Henderson Middle School and charged with sexual assault. The arrest stemmed from an April 2012 report which contained the allegation Cazares touched a girl known to him in his home, not a student.
Smith said employees are allowed to start work after a preliminary background check, which she said was performed on Cazares. She said LRSD's hiring method is in line with two state statues which allow employees to be hired temporarily before a State Police, FBI and Department of Human Services background check are received.
"I don't want to see any of this in our schools," said Brenda Bell, a parent of a Henderson Middle School child.
Robert Myles, 39, a former Horace Mann Magnet Junior High School substitute security guard, is accused of inappropriate behavior with two students.
Smith said the district fired both Cazares and Myles.
Cazares is being held at the Pulaski County jail on a $75,000 bond.
Follow Daniel on Twitter @dan_wilkerson.