Photo Courtesy: UA Athletics (Logan J. Webster)
College Station, Texas (Univ. of Ark.) - The No. 46 University of Arkansas men's tennis team defeated UT Pan American 6-1 Tuesday morning at the Mitchell Tennis Center. The Razorbacks record moves to 12-8 for the 2013 season.
"The guys came out ready to play today," head coach Robert Cox said. "This win points us in the right direction heading into an upcoming weekend of tough conference matches."
The Razorbacks came out strong in doubles play taking wins on court one and three to clinch the doubles point.
Arkansas continued solid play in singles. Red-shirt freshman Christian Lee collected his sixth singles dual match victory of the season with a 6-4, 7-5 win over Ricardo Hopker on court No. 2.
Junior, Pete Thomason also grabbed his sixth singles dual match win over Sebastian Job in a quick 6-1, 6-1 match.
Senior Mike Ward got back on track winning his match in a third-set tie breaker, 10-7 over Chentan Panditi.
Freshman Austin Robles and sophomore Jovan Parlic put two more points on the board for the Razorbacks, both winning in straight-sets.
The Razorbacks continue conference play this weekend when they host No. 12 Mississippi State Friday at 1 p.m. and No. 7 Ole Miss Sunday at 1 p.m. Both matches will have a live blog and live stats available on ArkansasRazorbacks.com.
#46 Arkansas 6 vs. UT Pan American 1
Official Single Results
1. Thomas Panoulas (UTPA) def. Manfred Jeske (ARK) 6-3, 4-6, 5-10
2. Christian Lee (ARK) def. Ricardo Hopker (UTPA) 6-4, 7-5
3. Mike Ward (ARK) def. Chetan Panditi (UTPA) 3-6, 6-4, 10-7
4. Pete Thomason (ARK) def. Sebastian Job (UTPA) 6-1, 6-1
5. Jovan Parlic (ARK) def. Joseph Bishop (UTPA) 6-1, 6-4
6. Austin Robles (ARK) def. Victor Alves (UTPA) 6-2, 6-1
Official Doubles Results
1. Ward/Jeske (ARK) def. Sanoja/Job (UTPA) 8-3
2. Lee/Thomason (ARK) vs. Panditi/Hopker DNF
3. Robles/ Parlic (ARK) def. Alves/Panoulas (UTPA) 8-3