LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Does your air conditioner cost you a lot of money to operate in the spring and summer?
If you're a typical Arkansan, your air conditioner is the biggest single contributor to your electricity use.
Sally Graham with Entergy Arkansas is here with ways you can save money as you flip the switch from heat to air.
Customers can call (877) 212-2420 to the Energy Solutions center for more information.
Besides tips like closing your drapes when it's sunny, and making sure your thermostat is set to 78 (every degree lower than 78 can add 3 percent to your bill), they recommend residential customers take advantage of our energy efficiency program to help them save money and improve the comfort of their home.
CoolSaver© Residential AC Tune-Up Program
Does your air conditioner cost you a lot of money to operate in the summer? If you're a typical Arkansas resident, your air conditioner is the biggest single contributor to your electricity use all summer.
So, it just makes sense to get it operating at peak efficiency before the hot weather kicks in. It's a machine that needs maintenance, just like your car.
The CoolSaver© Program will help you improve the efficiency of your air conditioner or heat pump through a high-efficiency A/C (air conditioner) tune-up.
What are the Benefits?
• Instant savings discounts toward the cost of an A/C tune-up. Entergy pays $175 toward the cost of the tuneup, and that amount is an increase over last year.
• A CoolSaver© tune-up performed with precision digital instruments will increase your system's cooling capacity. The average increase in cooling has been around 30%.
• Reduced cooling costs. Save on your electricity during each of the summer months.
• If you have more than one air conditioner, each one can qualify for the program.
• Extend the life of your equipment. Increased reliability and less chance of a breakdown when it's hot.
• Better humidity control and comfort.
Who is Eligible?
• The tune-up has specific steps and tool requirements and must be performed by a participating contractor in the program. You can find on by going to Entergy's website and looking under the CoolSaver Program page.
• All Entergy Arkansas, Inc., residential customers with a valid account number and whose central air conditioning systems are at least one year old. (Systems that have been incentivized though the CoolSaver© Program in the past five years are not eligible to receive these incentives.)
• Take advantage of expert service from a participating contractor, and let Entergy help pay for it.
• Meanwhile, make sure that you keep your filter changed regularly, and check it at least once every couple of weeks.