Trees down in Garland County. (Photo: Lisa Hutson/THV 11 News)
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- Thursday storms has caused trees to fall and flash flooding around the state, which is also closing several roads and highways.
The Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department is reporting all the closed highways on their website and through their @AHTD Twitter page.
- Polk Co: Hwy 71 from Scott Co line to Hwy 88 in Mena is closed due to flooding
- Pulaski Co: Hwy 300 near Monnie Springs is closed due to trees and power lines in the roadway
- Trees were snapped or uprooted. Lake Winona Road in Saline County is blocked by trees and completely impassable.
- Scott Co: Hwy 28 section 2 log mile 5.5-23.8 near Parks is closed due to flooding and hwy damage.
- Polk Co. Hwy 88 at the 3MM just west of Mena is closed due to a landslide.