• FEATURED:

    Murder suspect Gregory Kinsey says machete was intended to scare

    10:16 AM, Jul 25, 2013   |    comments
    Gregory Aaron Kinsey (Photo: KFSM/Fort Smith PD)
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +

    FORT SMITH, Ark. (AP) - A Fort Smith man accused of killing two men with a machete told police he wanted only to scare the pair during a confrontation last month.

    Twenty-year-old Gregory Aaron Kinsey was charged with two counts of capital murder in the June 26 deaths of Brandon Prince and Nathan Young. In an interview with police, Kinsey said he feared the men weren't going to let him leave so he swung a machete at them.

    The Times Record newspaper of Fort Smith reported Thursday it had obtained a videotape of the interview and that Kinsey told officers he didn't stop striking Young until he heard a gurgling noise.

    Prosecutors haven't said whether they would seek the death penalty.

    Kinsey this week lost in his attempt to keep the investigative file sealed.

    (Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

    Most Watched Videos