LITTLE ROCK (8-23) - Improvements to Interstate 430 require weeknight lane closures at the Interstate 430/630 "Big Rock" interchange in Little Rock, according to Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department (AHTD) officials.
Crews will be performing joint repairs in the northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 430 within the confines of the interchange.
The closures will be Monday, August 26th through Friday morning, August 30th between 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m., weather permitting. Traffic will be controlled using barrels and warning signs.
Here's what drivers should know:
Northbound I-430 - Drivers will be reduced to one lane. Below is a list of conditions that will be in effect during this closure.
• Eastbound I-630 to northbound I-430 must yield prior to entering northbound I-430.
• Westbound I-630 to northbound I-430 will transition to one lane prior to reaching northbound I-430. They also must yield prior to entering I-430.
Southbound I-430 - Drivers will be reduced to one lane. Below is a list of conditions that will be in effect during this closure.
• Southbound I-430 exiting to eastbound I-630/Shackleford/Markham/Hermitage will need to use caution as they exit.
• Those entering southbound I-430 from westbound I-630 and Shackleford/Hermitage will not be impacted.
• Those entering southbound I-430 from Rodney Parham could be slightly affected.
Motorists should exercise caution when approaching and traveling through all highway work zones. Additional travel information can be found at ArkansasHighways.com. You can also follow us on Twitter @AHTD.