LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- We're getting you ready for the weekend with a list of five things to do this weekend.
1. Up Up and Away! Hot Air Balloon Championship - Up up and away! Tonight starts the Arkansas Hot Air Balloon State Championship in Harrison. It runs through Sunday. Tethered rides are $5. Be sure to bring your lawn chair and enjoy the festival on the square.
2. Wild River Country - It's the next to last weekend at Wild River Country before they close for the season. They're open from 10 to 6 tomorrow and from noon to 6 on Sunday. But don't worry, they're reopen in November for something brand new! It will be snowing! They're calling it Wild Winter Country.
3. First Hendrix football game in 53 years - Cheer on the Hendrix College football team! The Conway school takes the field for the first time in 53 years. As to be expected, there's lots of excitement! To put this into perspective, the last time they played football Dwight Eisenhower was the president and Elvis Presley was making his musical comeback. The Conway school will take on Westminster College.
4. The 'Final Lap for Sara' is Saturday in Batesville - It's the "Final Lap for Sara". Sarah Low, a Batesville native was working as a flight attendant on Flight 11 on 9-11. The Sara Low Memorial 5k was created in her honor to celebrate her life and to raise money for a Memorial Scholarship Fun. Tomorrow's race will be the last. It starts at 8 a.m. in front of Batesville High School.
5. New movies at the Box Office - Our THV 11 Film critic is off today, but we've still got a rundown of what's new at the movies this weekend. Riddick hits the big screen. Having been betrayed and left for dead on a sun-scorched planet, Riddick must fight for his survival against the deadly alien predators. It's rated R.