Pine Bluff residents demand answers in death of 107-year-old at town hall meeting

    10:18 PM, Sep 9, 2013   |    comments
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +

    Photo Gallery: 107-year-old killed in shootout with S.W.A.T.

    PINE BLUFF, Ark. (KTHV) - Pine Bluff residents are upset, confused, shocked, and asking for answers.

    "Okay, We're going to dismiss because I think this is getting a little out of hand," Mayor Debe Hollingsworth told the audience.

    What began as a peaceful town hall meeting on Monday night, turned unruly.

    STORY: Roommate speaks about S.W.A.T. standoff that killed 107-year-old (http://on.kthv.com/17RehBn)

    STORY: 107-year-old Arkansas man killed in shootout with S.W.A.T. (http://on.kthv.com/1agxu1C)

    "This is a world disgrace," said one Pine Bluff resident, addressing the audience. "Like they said, people are calling from all over this country. What's going on?"

    Over 120 people filled the room in the Pine Bluff Convention Center demanding answers.

    "At this moment, people in this city have great concern about a 107-year-old man that was murdered in this city," another resident said.

    On Saturday afternoon 107-year-old Monroe Isadore died after a shootout with officers and S.W.A.T. members.

    "He was my friend, and I'm sad that he's not in my life anymore," said a woman who was at Isadore's home when the shootout happened and saw everything happen right before her eyes, from beginning to end.

    "People don't understand yet what the situation was, and they need to just stay calm and wait until all the facts are put together where it can be explained what happened because it's not what people think."

    But, a woman who said she is Isadore's granddaughter has doubts about the woman's claims.

    "My thing is, if you were there how come you didn't tell them? My grandfather would still be living. He would have made it to 108," exclaimed Renee Foster.

    There are several speculations about what really happened leading up to and during the shootout, but there is one thing Isadore's friends stand by.

    "Mr. Isadore was legally blind. Mr. Isadore had hearing impairment. Mr. Isadore was confused," one resident explained.

    Regardless of what people think happened, Mayor Debe Hollingsworth said nothing will be released while the investigation is ongoing.

    "Let's wait until the prosecuting attorney has the ability to render a decision and then once that decision is made, the case file will be open to the public," said said.

    Most Watched Videos