• FEATURED:

    UCA releases cause of death after student found in dorm bathroom

    4:48 PM, Oct 4, 2013   |    comments
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +

    CONWAY, Ark. (KTHV) - University of Central Arkansas leaders say a student who was found dead in a dorm bathroom Wednesday died of a ruptured cerebral aneurysm.

    At 8 a.m., UCAPD, along with MEMS and the Conway Fire Department were called about an unconscious male in the Hughes Residential Hall bathroom.

    In expressing his condolences, UCA President Tom Courtway said, "We extend our deepest sympathy to the family. We need to remember them in our thoughts and prayers."

    Pastor Cornell Maltbia and counselors from the Student Health Clinic visited with residents living in the Hughes Residential College.

    A vigil in the student's honor was held by Rush Campus Ministries Thursday with around 200 people in attendance along with his family.

    A pancake supper fundraiser with all proceeds donated to the student's family will be at Christian Cafeteria on Saturday, October 5 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at various locations on campus Friday and Saturday.

    (Source: UCA)

    Most Watched Videos