LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- The cold, weather might make you want to hunker down and stay inside. But did you know your baby or toddler is prone to certain dangers when exposed to cold weather.
Ellen Mallard from Arkansas Children's Hospital joined THV's Ashley Blackstone with more.
Her tips include:
• Don't place blankets in cribs with baby; use sleep sacks instead.
• When outdoors, keep babies bundled up from head to toe.
• Get yourself and your baby the appropriate vaccinations as suggested by your family's physicians.
• Exercise proper hand washing to prevent the spread of viruses.
• Protect baby's skin from the harsh winter cold with thick lotions and creams specifically made for baby's skin. Use sunscreen if outdoors for any length of time.