Here are a few pointers on how to quickly and effortlessly pull together a beautiful holiday setup in minutes, shared by Jared Gollatt with Home Depot.
- Deck out the mailbox: Coordinate your mailbox with your décor to welcome guests to your home before they pull in the driveway. Attach garland and a big bow to your mailbox in only a few minutes.
- Create a simple centerpiece with a repurposed wreath: Repurpose a wreath and add LED candles to turn your table into a winter wonderland. Using a Martha Stewart Living Shatterproof Ornament Ball Wreath to add some color or a Martha Stewart Living Pre-Lit Wreath with Clear Lights and Snow to add some light, cut out a cardboard circle to act as a stand for the center of the wreath, and arrange LED candles of different heights on the cardboard.
- Decoration-less Décor: Consider decorating only the kitchen and bathroom if you have unexpected holiday guests or host an impromptu party. Since these are the rooms where guests spend the most time, decorating them will create the most impact with the least amount of effort and decorations.
- Add a small tree: Placing a small Christmas tree in the kitchen or bathroom is a quick and easy way to create a warm holiday touch. Or add glittered poinsettias for a touch of elegance.
- Extra ornaments make great centerpieces: Create the perfect holiday look for your home by filling up a clear vase or bowl with extra tree ornaments to create a holiday centerpiece. Extra ornaments are perfect for adding a touch of color and sparkle to your holiday décor.
- Up in a flash, lights that sparkle: No need to spend extra time untangling and hanging up your holiday lights. Give the kitchen and bathroom a holiday glow by placing tangled light strands in vases or mason jars.
Fill a large glass bowl or vase for an easy centerpiece, hang them from the banister or chandelier for added sparkle, or decorate your mantel with DIY ornament garland in three easy steps:
- Buy ornaments in a large value pack to save money, and use extras as hostess presents for last minute holiday parties. Incorporate ornaments from a coordinated collection to achieve a cohesive look and feel, like this year's Martha Stewart Living themed collections.
- String ornaments of various shapes and sizes on clear fishing wire or string and secure the string with knots on both ends.
- For added festive flare, wrap the ornament garland around fresh or artificial pine garland with ornament hooks and place LED votive candles along the mantel.
Create your own tacky sweater using tricks to 'tech out' your sweater with battery-operated lights and ready-to-go garland to whip-it-up-in-minutes:
- Attach battery-operated lights to your ugly christmas sweater by taping the ends to the inside with Duct tape. Secure the cord on the outside with a few quick stitches with needle and thread. Shape the lights into a Christmas tree shape on the sweater for added flair.
- Hook mini ornaments and accent ornaments like snowmen and snowflakes to the light cord with plastic ornament hooks.
- Add pieces of fresh (ask for extra tree trimmings at your local store) or artificial garland and ribbon for extra flair.