LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) -- This morning, we're helping you save money on your hair, makeup, and nails. Here are the five commandments of looking gorgeous on a budget.
Check out the full list from Good Housekeeping: The 5 Commandments of Looking Gorgeous on a Budget
1. Use Multi-Tasking Products - Thou shall use multi-tasking products. They slim our cosmetics cases without breaking our budgets. Instead of using SPF, moisturizer, anti-aging products, and foundation, try a BB Cream, which is a combination of all four.
2. Try Store Brands - Thou shalt try store brands. Try making substitutions with other simple products like body wash and facial cleansing wipes. But keep in mind that when it comes to products with specific functions, like reducing wrinkles or getting rid of age spots - you're better off sticking with the household names.
3. Don't Buy Eye Makeup Remover - Thou shall let other products double as thy eye makeup remover. Any basic face cream swiped on with a Q-tip works well. Store-brand baby shampoo and a washcloth takes everything off quickly, too.
4. Color your Own Hair - Thou shall color thy own hair. You don't have to convert completely: If you really love the salon pampering, try saving a couple of bucks by using a root touch-up between visits or a demi-permanent color to replace a professional glaze.
5. Polish your Own Nails - Thou shalt polish thy own nails. Weekly manicures can make a dent in your budget, so try doing your own nails more often. Once you've mastered the process, you'll wonder why you ever spent time and money at the salon.