• FEATURED:

    UPDATE: Door-to-door manhunt took place in Little Rock

    10:44 PM, Jan 21, 2014   |    comments
    • Share
    • Print
    • - A A A +

    Photo Gallery: Door-to-door manhunt taking place in Little Rock

    Video: Door-to-door manhunt in Little Rock

    Video: Door-to-door manhunt taking place in Little Rock

    • Little Rock police are going door-to-door searching for a wanted man. (Photo: Daniel Wilkerson, THV11)
        
    Google AJAX Search API Sample

    Little Rock News:

    LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - A wanted 16-year-old led Little Rock police officers on a manhunt throughout an area of the city.

    At about 3:25 p.m. Tuesday, Lt. Sidney Allen said officers were looking for a man in the area of Evergreen Drive and Cleveland Street, near University Avenue. As of 4:30 p.m. police had moved to North Hughes Street, where a homeowner said an unidentified man was in his backyard.

    Allen said the teen is wanted for Attempted Capital Murder and Robbery. The incident happened in Little Rock last year, but detectives are wanting to question him before they release which incident he is connected to.

    Police went from  door-to-door looking in people's attics and under homes for the subject.

    Shana Nolen was scheduled to move into a home in the area and said she is concerned because she has a home with an attic which is accessible from her carport.

    "I've not pulled that down myself. I don't know if it closes well, if there's going to be a nice latch or anything like that, but we'll be looking at that for sure," said Nolen.

    Allen said the juvenile subject ran from Hall High School after a School Resource Officer pulled him from class, handcuffed him, and waited for detectives to arrive. Allen said the teen maneuvered the handcuffs and ran from the school; he is wanted for questioning in a homicide from 2013. As of 5 p.m. Tuesday, Allen said the subject was not in custody.

    Police would not release a description of the wanted man.

    Pam Smith with Little Rock School District said Hall High School and Forest Heights Middle School were both on lockdown due to the manhunt. However, extra security was called to escort students to their vehicles, allowing the schools to dismiss on time.

    As of 10 p.m. Tuesday, the man was still on the loose; police warn residents in the area to be extra cautious.

    UPDATE: Police said the wanted teen turned himself in Wednesday with an attorney. (http://on.kthv.com/1dwFnOT)

    Most Watched Videos