LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KTHV) - Experts say 6 to 11 years old is when kids begin seeking relationships outside of their family. That stage in life can often intensify anxiety and social fears.
On page 48 of this month's issue of Little Rock Family magazine, parents can find advice on how to help sooth this transition.
1. Remember sleep, nutrition, exercise.
2. Predictability, structure, and effective discipline at home.
3. Set them up for success.
4. Help them find friends they can trust and engage them in activities.
5. Educate yourself about appropriate parenting of anxious kids.
6. Provide unconditional love and encouragement.
7. Talk through situations before and after.
8. Seek outside help if necessary.